HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Musings: 9/19/16

This summer in front of Stonehenge

Now that I've left the day job, I've been wanting to pick up a more regular blogging schedule. I've poked around a bit and found that the writers/blogger who do this successfully seem to follow a formatted schedule and I think this would probably be the best place for me to start. So starting today and with all the best intentions to continue, I bring you my first ever Monday Musings. You may also sometimes see this as my Mondays Motivations, or Monday Meddling, pick an M word.

Anyway.

1. I have had a crazy reading filled week. Some of you may know that, in addition to my own writing, I collaborate with six other authors over at Wicked Ink Books. Our first anthology, Tick Tock: Seven Tales of Time, was our own stories, but it was such a success, we decided to open the second anthology up to other speculative fiction writers. Well, the submissions came pouring in and I've been frantically reading for the last week. There are some truly fantastic stories in the bunch!

2. Today I had a scheduled phone conference with my MFA student at Regis. What a great conversation we had about their WIP and many things writing in general. It's a low residency program so it's always nice when we get to connect outside of email.

3. I signed up to participate in this season's YA Scavenger Hunt. I hope I filled the form out correctly because I'm excited to participate.

4. Nook just announced this morning that they are allowing publishers to price ebooks for Free. This is awesome since I give away the first book in my Ascendant series on every platform I can (previously only Kindle and iBooks) so now, if your a Nooky, you can get it for free too.

5 This Thursday I am co-hosting an author event with Shannon Baker here in Denver. We will both be giving a (very) brief reading and answering questions about our new titles, writing, and books in general. It's open to the public so if you're in the Denver area, please come by.

6:00pm
682 S Colorado Blvd, Glendale, CO 80246

6. My regular monthly blog post for Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers went live today on their site. Check it out. 

Have a great week and see you for my Wednesday post where I think I'll focus on some aspect of writing or writers in particular. Because....W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment