As I prepare to drive myself, husband, and children up to Cheyenne, Wyoming to spend the day with tons of family and indulge in ALL THE FOODS, I want to take a minute to write down all that I am grateful for this year:
- My children. They are amazing, and smart, and healthy, and kind, and challenging, and the reason I know the true measure of love.
- My husband. He is loving, and smart, and healthy, and works hard every day to support this family and seems to love us all a great deal, even when we, collectively, are difficult.
- My family. They are big, and messy, and kind, and supportive, and a safe place to land if and when you happen to fall down.
- My health. Because I experienced not having this, and ever since that time I now know it makes all the difference in the world.
- My home. It's safe, mostly clean most of the time, gathers together the people I love most in this world, and keeps us warm and sheltered from the rain and snow.
- My job. I get to work with dedicated teachers and staff who fight the good fight for the kids that probably need their efforts the most, and I get to be amazed by those kids and be a part of their lives and growth while also being able to be home with my own children at a reasonable time every night and during their breaks from school so that my "mommy guilt" is kept to a minimum.
- My writing. It's a never ending well of possibility that excites and exercises my love of creativity and desire to connect with people through the written word.
Many people in this world, too many, never or rarely get to even feel safe, warm, or well fed.
So I am exceedingly grateful--be very grateful.