HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Amazon Buys .book for 10 Million






Just found out that Amazon bought the rights to the .book domain name for 10,000,000. 

I have been waiting, and hoping, for those domains to be released so I could secure rebeccataylor.book (since rebeccataylor.com is owned by the highly famous, and expensive, fashion designer, Rebecca Taylor--no relation. (Or discounts on her beautiful clothes!)

Who knows what Amazon will do with the domain. Keep it for their own exclusive use? Sell it to individuals like me? They haven't yet said and my guesses would be mere speculation.

But I have a feeling, if they do release it for the public to buy, it's going to cost me more than Network Solutions was going to charge me.


1 comment:

  1. The multiplication of domain names is frustrating. An author might have to pay for multiple ones to keep others from squatting on the domain names. They should have stopped with .com, .gov, and .edu.

    ReplyDelete