HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Your Website is Hurting My Brain

Seriously, I recently visited a writer's site that had a background similar to this. My brain is STILL trying to recover.

I love to visit other writers' websites and blogs. I may not always comment but I do a lot of lurking and reading to be sure.

So here's my two cents about web design (coming straight from a non professional, strictly consumer view point.)

I don't care how great your content is, if it gives me a migraine trying to decipher it--I won't come back. First impressions matter--make yours accessible, and pleasant.

What turns me off:

Font too small
Bad color contrast on eyes, black background white font
Too busy (background that's sending me into the Twilight Zone)
A million blog awards, tons of clutter, can't find anything

I want to read what you have to say and I don't think I'm alone in this.

Keep it simple?
Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Great advice!

    I don't care for music that plays automatically when you go to a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Yessss, NO MUSIC. Especially if I forgot to turn my speakers down and I'm blasted.

    ReplyDelete