HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Laini Taylor's Book Signing

What I'm reading now: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (of course)

So last night I got to attend Laini Taylor's signing for her new book Daughter of Smoke and Bone at the Tattered Cover in Highlands  Ranch. She was fantastic and so gracious. Besides sharing some of her personal journey through publishing over the years (including some of the bumpy parts) she spoke about how wonderful she felt the whole YA writing/reading blogging and tweeting community was and compared it to finding your tribe (even if you don't live anywhere near each other.)  Here are some pics!


Here Laini and I are posing with her beautiful new book!

My personal copy along with the very cool Mardi Gras masks that were passed out to all the book bloggers in attendance (who says there aren't any perks to this endeavour?)

  

Laini reading an excerpt from chapter 3



Me in my awesome mask (sadly, that's my pj flannel detracting from the overall glamor.) I am so totally figuring out what else can be worn with it for Halloween this year.


Also spied in attendance Colorado agent Kate Schafer Testerman from KT Literary with her beautiful baby boy. I swear, I only gushed over him a little bit while saying a quick hello.

5 comments:

  1. Love your pics, Becky! I'm glad you had a fun evening. When Laini read Chp. 3 at the signing I attended, I knew I had to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. How cool that you got to meet Kate Shafer Testerman too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! That looks like a fantastic evening and those masks are such a cool touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love free gifts at events like this. The mask looks amazing. And, I think a black dress would look great with it for Halloween. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have another writerly friend who was able to attend a signing. My friend LOVES her work. How lucky for you.

    ReplyDelete