HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Monday, June 20, 2011

Professional Photos

Okay, I think I want some professional head shots taken. I really like this guy. But I'm wondering if I'm putting the cart before the horse. After all, it's kind of an investment. What do you think? Should professional photos wait until after you're official? Is it never too early to start getting all your ducks in a row? I'm I spending too much time worrying over something that is not a big deal and I should just make an appointment?

Is this yet another wile attempt at procrastination?

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea! But I do know one thing--I'm putting off this particular task as long as possible. I choose to remain a stick figure. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never hurts to look professional now, I say. Let us know what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you feel up to doing a search, there is an old post about this on Kristin Nelson's blog. She talks about how to go about getting a professional author photo done.

    Personally, I don't think there's a reason to pay to have a photo done until there is a professional need for it, like having an agent or publishing contract. But if either of those is close on the horizon, then you should probably start looking for a good photographer. I want one who specializes in low-lighting and photo retouching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree; once there is a professional need for a picture then pay for it to be done. I think it’s a good idea to have a plan and the photographer you want in mind… but spending the money before you need to, seems like a waste.

    But then again, you could use it as motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure either. But I do love your About Me picture. :)

    ReplyDelete