HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Give me your book recommendations

So I just got super excited because I realize I will need to load up the Kindle with airplane/vacation reading material. Can you imagine, no day job work for almost 3 months. That's lots and lots and lots of reading time.

So, any recommendations? I'd like to stick to some recently released titles--let's say the last two years. If you could choose what books I'm going to buy, what would you pick? What are your favorite recent titles?

6 comments:

  1. I recently finished "Matched" by Ally Condie.

    From my blog you know I loved the "I'm Not a Serial Killer" series by Dan Wells.

    If you like fantasy you might try something by Brandon Sanderson. His smallest book is "Elantris". I love the world building he does. If you like his style he has several other books (I've liked everything he's done).

    That's a start ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read and loved "Across the Universe" by Beth Revis. If you haven't read "Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins I'd highly recommend it. And although I haven't read "Divergent" by Veronica Roth yet, I've read great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great recs Donna and Suzie. So far I'm getting

    1. The first "I'm Not a Serial Killer."
    2. Divergent
    3. Across the Universe

    I'm thinking about Matched...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camo Girl. Boy Toy (disturbing but brilliant). Flash Burnout. Slice of Cherry. Will Grayson Will Grayson. The Marbury Lens. Compulsion (again, disturbing but brilliant) ... Actually, most of these fall into the category of "disturbing but brilliant." Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah--I really like "disturbing bu brilliant." Okay, added to list:

    4. The Marbury Lens
    5. Compulsion

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete