HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Friday, May 20, 2011

Ah Insomnia, my old friend

So I'm awake. Not by choice--again. It's about 2:40 here in Colorado and I've been tossing around in bed for just about an hour.

Very, very annoying.

There are actually different kinds of insomnia. Generally I have zero problem falling asleep (unless my husband is out of town.) No, my problem is getting back to sleep after waking up. It's like I took a nap and the old brain says, "Okay, I'm good." But the body is like, "Umm...not sure how I'm going to feel come tomorrow. But, whatever. Let's get up!"

The brain spins and spins over the most annoying things. Usually stress related things. Work things. But, being the ever optimist, I figure at least I've got some great reading I'm in the middle of:


I just started Chime by Franny Billingsley last night and so far--Wow. I'm loving it.

So, I can't sleep...but at least I've got some good stuff loaded in my Kindle.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read chime but I've got to get through my tbr pile first. :) Hope you can sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to the lack of sleep. I'm a light sleeper so I go to bed before my husband (since he snores). The problem is, I always wake up when he comes in and then he drops off to sleep and I'm left with a symphony of snoring. Which isn't as soothing as it sounds. At least you're putting your insomnia to good use with reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had two nights of insomnia this past week! Which isn't normal, although I am a very light sleeper. I think it's because my brain is spinning over my novel and trying to get through revisions now that its rewritten! Unfortunately, I didn't put the time to good use like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've struggled with insomnia on and off since I was a kid, but many years ago I started just getting up whenever I woke up (sometimes as early as 2am) and using that time to write. I grew to love it, and now that I'm sleeping later (until my husband's alarm goes off at 5am), I really miss the quiet time. But I'm a stay-at-home mom who can take a nap everyday, so it works for me. If I couldn't take that nap, I wouldn't be nearly as cheerful about the early mornings. Good luck getting your sleep schedule back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete