HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Monday, February 21, 2011

Educating the Self

When I am lacking information, I search.

Over the last many moons I've learned quite a bit about writing, querying, blogging, trying to find an agent, finding an agent, e-readers, contracts between agents and writers, contracts between writers and publishers, the "decline" of publishing, etc, etc.

But recently, I've been trying to learn as much as I can about what happens after your initial dream comes true (reputable agent says, "yes!") and you gallop off into the sunset with your signed agency agreement.

As just starting out writers, we spend loads of time wishing, hoping, praying, and educating ourselves about act I in the process (writing a, hopefully, sellable ms and finding an agent.)

But what happens next?

So if, like me, you're wondering about the submission process and how editors, publishers, marketing, and sales departments decide if they want to invest in you and your work, here is a few of the most helpful posts I've come across on the subject over the last few weeks.

Writers Digest--Publishing 101What You Need to Know

Blue Rose Girls--Day in the Life of an Editor

The Acquisitions Process

Girl With A Pen--Day in the Life of a Book Editor

And my favorite:

Rachelle Gardner's Behind the Scenes at a Pub Committee Meeting

Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge and expertise on the web!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic links Becky! I do enjoy listening to others about how they query, send submissions, the works. Everyone has their own method so it's nice to see everyone's!

    ReplyDelete