HOME
BOOKSABOUTCONTACTFAQBLOG

Monday, November 22, 2010

Agent!


Well it's official. I now have an agent! (happy dance, happy dance, handstand, back fli...aagh! Note to self, you are not eleven anymore.) Emma Patterson with Wendy Weil offered representation and we spoke over the phone last Thursday. She sent me her notes (which I thought were spot on) with her ideas for how we could make Ascendant (working title) stronger and I got to work right away (well, after the family ski trip) making changes.

I am thrilled, happy and still over the moon. So over the next couple of weeks I'll be working on (more) revising and editing. If we are fortunate enough to find a publishing house in the coming months I will be working on (even more) revising and editing I'm sure. And once I finish (ahem, start) the next book, it will eventually need a boatload of, all together now, revising and editing.

It makes a person wonder why it's called writing, it should be reediting because that's how you spend the bulk amount of time on a piece.

Feeling: Fortunate

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome. As a fellow writer struggling to achieve this goal I understand how elated you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Travis! Yes--for me it's been seven years coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Live it up and enjoy it...then GET TO WORK!

    Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michael. We will definitely be keeping tabs on your progress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    I just found your blog -- congrats on the agent!
    I look forward to hearing more about your book soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alisia, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete